Prelude

O!, dudes. This blog, www.jam-the-eadgbe.blogspot.com, is really my attempt of collating and storing all chords and lyrics of songs that me and my mates jam every now and then in Sri Hartamas. Really, I thought of doing this in my other blog www.buanaseni.blogspot.com but it seems to me that that blog is already diversified with all sorts of art - hence a dedicated one for jamming would be justified (Actually, the chords in hardcopy printing have now become un-manageable as well). So, for lack of better name, Jam-The-EADGBE materialised. Why that name? well,.... if you are a guitarist, you won't be asking..


Songs will be from all types of music that are thought to be fun for any jamming session - includes those from ancient jamming sessions in South Yarra Australia! Yo Aussie dudes in Melbourne back in 1993 - 1996,.. we rock didn't we,.. Woo Hoo,.. yeahhh,.. can't forget the 10 Claremont Street Studio days in South Yarra. That was the beginning of this full fledged jamming band with multi-influence from Rock, Metal, Indie-Grunge, Pop and other genre covering the hits from Metallica, Nirvana, U2 as well as Search, Wings, M. Nasir; and believe me or not, we even covered Sheila Majid and Ruth Sahanaya! Nowadays we try to do the current ones such as Keane, 311, Kings of Leon and the like, with occasional oldies like Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, Santana and the Rock Kapak(s)!

I wouldn't want to list down the musicians from the great ole days coz there were numerous of them. What I do want to share here is the list of the current musicians from my jamming band. The band actually has no name and its members (with their primary influence) are:

Drums: Jin - Funk
Vocals: Yat - Grunge
Keyboards: Man - R&B
Guitar 1: Sifu - Heavy Metal
Guitar 2: Qush - Indie
Bass: Johan - Rock and Roll


.... so you can imagine how we dispute over teh tarik just to firm up on the list of songs for the next jamming session!

The chords and lyrics in this blog may be incomplete at times. This is probably because it may still be in progress given the time constrait - everyone seems to be early-mid 30's with families to attend to. I will try to ensure that each blog post has at least lyrics and chords but for some fortunate ones, I'd probably have some notes for lead guitars, bass lines and if technology permits, I can also attach some audio files or video files of the songs (original or jamming sessions).

To kick start, the next blog post will be the first record of chords and lyrics. It's one of my personal favourites and it starts with

".... we don't need no education..."




Johan, the Bassist